Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thirty days of work in the home --

Read how many small businesses use Twitter to grow as by super-charged word of mouth.
The other day, I meditated about Mark 10:45: "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve and to give His life as a ransom for many." I have always loved this verse, but it hit me in a new way. I thought about my marriage. Do I have the attitude that I came to serve? Or, do I lean on my husband to help me out all the time? Do I serve him eagerly and humbly? Or, do I take him for granted? Hmm...

I also thought about the story in Luke of the paralytic whose friend brought him to Jesus. It's interesting to me that the account says, "When Jesus saw their faith...." Do you think of faith as something that people can see in your life? Do you think of it as something that God can see? Sometimes, we make faith to be an ethereal thing. But, in the Scriptures, faith is accompanied by concrete actions prompted by that faith.

Among other things, faith can be seen or not seen in the things we do, the values we act on, the way we spend our time, the way we spend our money, and the way we react to situations. Isn't it exciting to think that with the Lord's help, we can cultivate in our hearts a faithful response to God that He can see?

No comments:

Post a Comment